POP SOCIAL ***SOLD OUT***
Attention all presidents and social secs!!!
This event has now SOLD OUT, and no more tickets will be made available for sale - apologies for any disappointment if you missed out!
If you would like to be added to the waiting list for tickets, please email your name, student ID number, Club or Society name and contact details to email@example.com
Ticket transfers need to be processed by 14:30 on the day of the event.
This can be done via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
When emailing please include the following information:
1) Your name and student ID number and club or society name;
2) The name and student ID number of the person you want to transfer ticket to;
3) Specify the event, number of tickets and ticket type(s) to be transferred;
4) The name of the club or society the new ticket-holder is part of
Please bear in mind that a ticket = a table of max 6 people and so if transferring tickets then the ticket holder is saying that themselves and the max 5 people on the ticket is not able to attend the event.
Also the person that is taking the ticket needs to have all names of people that will be joining them.
Please note that we are no longer able to accept ticket transfer requests over the phone – this is to ensure that we have proof of identity and written confirmation from the sender in all instances!
We look forward to seeing all ticket holders at the event.
We have been working really hard to think of a plan to increase the opportunity for social interaction within the current restrictions. We really want to get people together, but we know we need to do it safely.
We think we have found a cunning plan…
Introducing the new:
hosted by our very own legend, the icon of fun that is……
In order to bring this event to life, we need your full co-operation as club and society execs to ensure that we can make this happen in accordance with government guidelines.
How it works:
Pop Social will take place weekly every Wednesday and we encourage weekly themes and fancy dress.
Doors open at 18:00, with the bar open from 18:00 - 21:15.
Disco Dave will then be on the decks from 20:00 - 21:30, playing all your favourite pop classics.
We will need to wave goodbye to you by 22:00. Because it’s the law…
You can only buy tickets in advance, and when they are gone...they are gone.
There will NOT be tickets available on the door.
Each ticket = 1 x table of max 6 people.
A table ticket price is £18. That’s only £3 per person! #quickmaths
(On purchasing tickets you must specify the Club/Soc and the names and student numbers of people in your group. If you are not part of a club or society then just names and student card numbers will do.)
Owing to limited capacity due to social distancing, we will only be able to provide 3 tables max per club/Soc.
Purple and VKs £2.50, Jung Bombs £2.00, Pints of minerals £1.50.
The Important Stuff
- Entry will be via the Whitefield’s entrance
- You must queue in a socially-distanced fashion and follow the marked route
- You must leave the area outside clean and tidy
- Hand sanitiser is at the entrance – make sure you use it
- Scan the qr for track and trace or drop an email to SUtrackandtrace@warwicksu.com as you come in
- Groups of 6 can enter together with the ticket holder
- Groups will be directed by staff to their tables and must go straight there
- All attendees must stay seated in their groups of 6 and not mix tables or move tables and chairs
- Face Coverings must be worn at all times when moving around the venue (entry, exit, use of toilet)
- The bar will be open for drinks service 18:00-21:15.
- You can order drinks using the QR code on your tables and servers will deliver drinks to you.
- Group orders are encouraged for faster service.
- Singing and chanting must be kept to your tables of 6 and tables cannot mix.
- All groups must listen to directions from the venue management and/or venue staff
- Disco Dave will play all of the POP cheesy anthems from 20:00-21:30 to create the #midweekmayhem vibe the best way we can and you can still get your tweets onto the screens #warwickpop
End of Social and Exit
- Music will stop playing at 21:30 and attendees will be asked to leave in a socially-distanced manner
- To ensure that gathering outside the venue or on the piazza is minimalised, all attendees will be directed to exit via Whitefield’s doors
- Attendees will be asked to leave row by row starting from front to back and left to right – please try not to leave until you are directed to
- The venue will be empty by 22:00.
Finally, don’t forget Disco Dave will be livestreaming from 22:00-00:00 every Wednesday. Just go to the Pop social event page at warwicksu.com/events for the perfect end to your Wednesday night.
We genuinely hope to see as many of you there as is possible and we are really looking forward to working with you all for an evening of COVID-secure fun during these difficult times.
If anyone has any comments or thoughts then please email that guy from the SU commercial team, what’s his name??? Well, it’s Mark Barnham, Venue and Events Manager, email@example.com
As always #muchlove #DiscoDavelove